Pursuant to the 2020 Revised POEA Rules and Regulations Governing the Recruitment and Employment of Seafarers, only licensed manning agencies may file with the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) an application for accreditation of the employer/principal intending to hire Filipino seafarers. All documentary requirements for accreditation shall be verified by the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO).
Requirements for Verification
The following are the requirements for POLO verification of accreditation documents:
- Notarized Special Power of Attorney (SPA) or any other equivalent document issued by the principal or employer, specifically authorizing the licensed manning agency to recruit for and in its behalf;
- Notarized Manning Agreement (MA) containing among others, the responsibilities of both principal/employer and manning agency with respect to the employment of seafarers with the following attachments:
- Photocopy of valid POEA license of the Philippine manning agency
- Photocopy of the valid business license or registration certificate of the principal/employer (e.g., ACRA)
- Photocopy of any valid ID of the signatory for the Philippine manning agency
- Photocopy of any valid ID of the signatory for the principal/employer
- Board Resolution or Secretary’s Certificate authorizing an official of the principal/employer to sign the manning agreement and SPA in behalf of the company;
- Notarized Crewing Requirements (Crew Order) indicating the following:
- Number of seafarers required per position
- Monthly salary per position in both US and Singapore Dollars
- Qualification requirements
- Name of employer/principal
- Vessel particulars
- POEA Master Employment Contract signed on all pages by the employer/principal;
- Terms and conditions governing employment of seafarers signed on all pages by the employer/principal; and
- Payment of Verification Fees: SG$17.00 for SPA, SG$51.00 for MA and SG$17.00 for Crew Order. Note that payment is on cash basis only.
Procedures for Verification
- Request for appointment with POLO through email@example.com.
- Submit documents to Window 4 on the date and time of appointment.
- Make payment at Window 4 as advised. Note that payment will be collected only after evaluation of documents has been completed.
- Collect the verified documents from Window 15 on the date and time as advised.
For additional inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.