OWWA Membership

The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a national government agency vested with the special function of developing and implementing welfare programs and services that respond to the needs of member-OFWs and their families.

Among its core programs and services are repatriation program; social benefits program such as death and disability assistance; and reintegration program, which comprises skills training, entrepreneurship development training, business loan and livelihood assistance program.


The OWWA membership contribution shall be Twenty-Five US Dollars (US$25.00) or its equivalent in the prevailing foreign exchange rates, and shall be effective upon payment of membership contribution.

For OFWs in Singapore, the amount of OWWA membership contribution is equivalent to Thirty-Six Singaporean Dollars (SG$36.00).


The validity of membership for each contribution is two (2) years, regardless of contract duration, change of employer, jobsite or recruitment agency. Thereafter, OWWA membership shall be renewed, provided there is proof of active employment.


The following are eligible for enrolment/renewal of membership to OWWA:

  • OFWs with valid overseas employment contracts and were processed at the POEA
  • OFWs with valid work permit and visa
  • OFWs who have acquired regular/permanent residency status in the foreign country of work, but have remained Filipino citizens


OFWs in Singapore may apply for or renew their OWWA membership at Windows 1 and 2, Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) of the Philippine Embassy in Singapore.

The following documentary requirements shall be submitted, together with the accomplished OFW Membership Form (click here to download the form):

  • Valid employment contract or any proof of active employment (e.g. certificate of employment, latest payslip)
  • Valid work pass (Work Permit, S-Pass, Employment Pass)
  • Copy of bio page of passport
  • Any other proof of employment as may be required to validate the OFW’s continued presence and employment abroad such as Re-entry permit or Letter of Consent from MOM
Click Here for OWWA Appointment

For queries or info on OWWA programs and services, please email us at owwasingapore15@yahoo.com or visit the OWWA website at www.owwa.gov.ph